Danger Women Writing
Authors Dangerous Events Readers Loop Blog Contests Newsletter Contact

September 9th, 2010 by Cynthia Eden
Font "StephanieMarieJF" was not found.Research: Fall For Me

Right now, I am working on a Fallen Angel book–and having a fabulous time writing it. This is the second Fallen Angel of Death book that I’ve written (I believe the first has a tentative release date of Fall/Winter 2011).

I love my angels. They aren’t cute and innocent. They’re dangerous, bad, and sexy.

But–they are also research accurate (well, okay, I blended the research with my own twists; I do like to twist things up). The hero of my current book in the infamous Sammael. Yes, I like to call him Sam for short. Sam was an archangel, and his name loosely means “Venom of God”–didn’t know that until I started researching. I wanted to write about Sammael because he’s been viewed as both good and evil over time, and I sure do like that mix. After all, who is totally good or totally evil?

In addition to the angels of death, punishment angels also feature prominently in the stories that I’m writing. Trust me, you don’t want a punishment angel after you! Though a few of them are loose in my books…

So many angels. I didn’t realize quite how many were out there until I started exploring. Some of my favorite “types” (which means they are totally in my books) are: punishers, guardians, and messengers.

Oh, and for a bit of lore…did you know that if an angel is close, you will smell the scent of flowers?

If you have some angel lore to share, feel free! I love hearing more angel tales.

Thanks!

Cynthia Eden
www.cynthiaeden.com
DEADLY FEAR–available from Grand Central Publishing (Forever)
BELONG TO THE NIGHT–available now from Kensington Brava

9 comments to “Research: Fall For Me”

1. Edie Ramer
    · September 9th, 2010 at 8:31 am · Link

No angel lore, but I’m really looking forward to your fallen angel books. I’ve always heard that angels at my back was a good thing. I think you’re going to change my mind!

• Cynthia Eden
      1.1
      · September 9th, 2010 at 5:51 pm · Link

No! Truly, Edie, it is great to have *certain* angels at your back.

2. Pat Cochran
    · September 9th, 2010 at 3:48 pm · Link

I’ve not read any of your Angel books, which was your first? I’ll start with it and go from there! Those “Bad Boy”
    Angels sound very interesting!

Pat Cochran

• Cynthia Eden
      2.1
      · September 9th, 2010 at 5:52 pm · Link

Hi, Pat! The angel books aren’t out yet (sorry!). The first one (still untitled) should be in bookstores next Fall or Winter. Once I get a definite date, I’ll let you know. Though I do have lots of other paranormals available now if you’re looking for some vampires, demons, or shifters!

3. Viki S.
    · September 9th, 2010 at 4:19 pm · Link

This is the new series? I love angels. Had read somewhere about the flower smell thing. Kinda cool.

• Cynthia Eden
      3.1
      · September 9th, 2010 at 5:53 pm · Link

Yes, my Fallen Angels of Death are totally ruling my mind right now. I had a great time writing the first book (angel hero, vampire heroine), and this second book has been a blast so far.

4. Diane Sadler
    · September 9th, 2010 at 5:36 pm · Link

No lore sorry.
    Can you tell us how many books will be in this series?

• Cynthia Eden
      4.1
      · September 9th, 2010 at 5:53 pm · Link

Hey, Diane! I’m hoping for at least 4–it will depend on what my editor thinks!

5. Cathy M. Runke
    · September 9th, 2010 at 10:04 pm · Link

Your name on the cover, they have got to be good.